Dalewares Institute of Technology contributes to Nigerian Development by providing tertiary, technological, career-oriented education at internationally recognized standards.
The main objective of our curricula is thus the practice, promotion and transfer of technology. The instruction programmes are aimed at meeting the needs of industry, the driving force of the Nigerian economy.
During the course of their study, technological knowledge, skills, values and attitudes are brought home to the students. The approach required for dealing successfully with the practice of the technological careers/industries/occupations involves excellence in the teaching of specific principles and approaches within a climate conducive to intellectual and social development, with greater emphasis on the application and ability to apply the practical outcomes of scientific principles in such a way that they may be of use to the particular technology/career/industry/occupation.
With emphasis on the transfer of technology, the Polytechnic gives due regard to the professional human resource requirements of the country and those of the region and beyond. To this and other ends, the Institution strives to:
- Lead students to maturity to assume their economic and social responsibilities, including developing a sense of responsibility, a problem-solving approach, integrity and a humane attitude toward others
- Enable students both to acquire knowledge and to develop the skill of applying that knowledge in practical settings, prepare students for careers or professions by drawing on existing knowledge, technology and research results in close cooperation with those involved in particular careers or professions
- Be a centre of higher learning and train high-level specialists in all areas necessary for national development, provide facilities appropriate to an academic institution of the highest quality available to all people likely to benefit from them regardless of race, colour, gender, ethnic origin, religion, creed, social and economic status, and physical condition
- Promote the establishment of funding schemes in order to assist students who cannot afford course fees at the Dalewares Institute of Technology
Safeguard and promote the principle of academic autonomy in order to provide the appropriate atmosphere and opportunities for scholars to pursue the development of their highest intellectual potential
- Serve as a repository for the preservation, development and articulation of Nigerian values and culture
- Undertake basic and applied research that will contribute to the social, economic, cultural and political development of Nigerian
- Encourage the advancement of science, technology and development serve both urban and rural communities, including providing extension services throughout the country to contribute to the improved function of the education system as a whole promote national and international unity and understanding promote and defend a culture of excellence in the international community by encouraging criticism and engaging in regular self-evaluation and peer assessment